Monday, 14 May 2018

Workout and Workshops


My Challenge 2018 for the week we were away had to be something that I could take with me and easily pick up and do.  So, I drew a quick sketch (I'm no artist) of Mawgan Porth and took a selection of hand dyed fabrics away with me to work with.
  
Week 19 - work in progress 
It just needs a few decorative stitches to bring it to life and complete it.

In the meantime back to our Northern Adventures

After a few days in Scotland we treated ourselves to a 'Break the Journey' overnight stay at Ings by Windermere, which turned into two!!

A long way up!
 A stunning walk up to Stickle Tarn along Stickle Ghylls which was a workout for the heart and knees, but I'm pleased to say both behaved and were up to the challenge.  

Stickle Ghyll
I could have found a new outlet for my affections and need to have a strong word with my 10 year old self that prevented me venturing back to the Lakes in the past!!

My Flickr page will have more photos from Scotland and The Lakes.  If you would like to take a look please click on 'My Inspiration' at the side of this blog  .

Getting back to all things textile, I am excited to say that following a meeting with Stacey & Darius I will shortly be running some workshops at The Sewing Studio Redruth.  

The first one will be '5 metres of Hemp' on Friday 10th August.  
Snap-shot of '5 metres of Hemp'
This is a collage using purchased fabric with a design that can be extended with stitch.

Other dates are:

Friday 7 September Vintage Wall Hanging. 


Snap-shot of Vintage Wall Hanging
Following a pattern make a personalised wall-hanging with photo fabric, lace and buttons

Friday 26 October Christmas Collage.  


Snap-shot of Christmas Collage
Using your own creativity make a seasonal wall art collage using scraps of purchased Christmas fabric, decorated with hand and machine stitch.

Friday 23 November Angus Cushion.  


Snap-shot of Angus
A very popular workshop that I am delighted to run again. The cushion mixes wool, linen and various weights of cotton together with a photo of your choice on photo fabric. 

Also at the Catalina room St Eval I will be re-running the 3 part Collage workshop for those of you that missed it first time and have had your appetite whetted.  There will be plenty of hands on practise as well as demonstrations of each technique.  All you need to bring is an apron, some fabric scraps and a little free spirit, the rest including all paints, dyes and papers will be available each day.  If nothing else the coffee and biscuits are pretty good!

Thursday 14 June - Day 1 - Transfer Dyes, Stencils & Mark Making #1
Thursday 28th June - Day 2 - Fabric Paper, Painting Fabric & Mark Making #2
Thursday 12 July - Day 3 - Create your own Collage

I will be adding to these dates shortly with new workshops trying out different techniques.  

The details for all my workshops can be found on my website.  

Bookings for the Catalina Room are via my website but for The Sewing Studio or Coast and Country they are via their websites, thank you.

Thank you again for popping by.  

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment